Access a wider and deeper pool of liquidity
JonesTrading's broad and trusted network enables our clients to move large positions and unlock un-displayed liquidity.
"Our experienced traders' in depth knowledge of the marketplace allows us to offer our clients anonymous conflict free executions."Tom Steen, Executive Vice President, Head of Global Derivatives and Manager of the Toronto Office
Human experience and trusted access to a broad range of market participants
The Derivatives group offers world-class depth of expertise and enjoys long-standing relationships with the various participants in the derivatives markets. These veterans of the derivatives markets have relationships with a broad range of institutional investors—from mutual funds and hedge funds to market makers —giving the JonesTrading client unrivalled liquidity.
Take advantage of this experience and services, including:
- Relationships with volatility accounts and market-makers which permit JonesTrading to source option liquidity while protecting the information content of the trade and investor anonymity.
- Electronic order routing (FIX capabilities) from the client's OMS to JonesTrading.
- A no conflicts of interest model that avoids the proprietary trading or risk positioning paradigm.
- Best-in-class routers, order entry types, and algorithms.
- Databases and volatility screening tools helpful in identify high risk/return hedging and trading opportunities.
- Quantitative research and scanning engine built on tick volatility databases.
- Natural crosses for option hedges.
- Quantitative models and scenario analysis for simple and complex derivative trades.
- Reviews of trade idea generation and risk models that are based on specific client needs.
World-Class Experience-The JonesTrading Derivatives Team
Services offered and provided in the United States are through JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC which is a member of FINRA and SIPC.
223 W. Erie St. 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60610
Rich Breitenecker, Managing Director, Head of Options Trading
Rich Breitenecker brings over 20 years of experience in derivatives trading. Before joining the firm, Mr. Breitenecker was a trader with Barclays, Lehman, and Merrill Lynch.
Chris Rich, Managing Director, Head Options Strategist
Chris Rich has over 25 years experience in derivatives trading. Before joining the firm, Mr. Rich was the Head of Options Research at New Edge.
Jeff Smoke, Options Trader
Jeff Smoke joined JonesTrading in 2009 as a derivatives trader. Before joining the firm, Mr. Smoke was a floor trader with Equitec Proprietary Markets.
One Fawcett Place Suite 290
Greenwich, CT 06830
Mark Neuman, Managing Director
Mark Neuman has over 15 years experience in derivatives trading. Before joining the firm, Mr. Neuman was an options trader at Susquehanna Financial Group and Merrill Lynch.
Robert Zavell, Options Trader
Robert Zavell has over 15 years experience in derivatives trading. Before joining the firm, Mr. Zavell was an options trader at Merrill Lynch and Link Derivatives.
Services offered and provided in Canada are through JonesTrading Canada Inc. which is a member of IIROC and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
148 Yorkville Avenue, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M5R 1C2
877.566.3710 – toll free
Tom Steen, Executive Vice President, Head of Global Derivatives and Manager of the Toronto Office
Tom Steen brings over 20 years of experience in derivatives trading. Before joining the firm, Mr. Steen was a Managing Director for Merrill Lynch Equity Linked Products group and an option trader and risk manager with DDX Capital.