Single point of contact
- An experienced sales trader covers every JonesTrading client. This protects against leakage while also ensuring that each trade receives the personal attention required for best execution.
- The client's intent drives the trade from start to finish, without nuances becoming lost nor communication between client and trader breaking down due to handoffs.
- The JonesTrading network comprises the largest independent sales trader focused platform in the industry.
- Our 80+ sales traders maintain relationships with more than 1,000 top-tier accounts, providing a rich pool for proactive liquidity sourcing.
Diverse trading community
- The trading community represented on the JonesTrading platform spans everything from large traditional value and growth managers, to players in distressed and arbitrage securities, with the full range of buy side firms in between.
- This diverse pool incorporates a range of investment perspectives on how to profit from market conditions, which translates into a broad opportunity base to match buyer and seller.
Tightly controlled network
- JonesTrading has created a unique tightly controlled trading environment that prevents client orders from becoming lost or compromised.
Real-time trading intelligence
- While algorithms and ECNs have their roles, their passive nature makes them less than ideally suited for completing the larger and more complex trades, particularly in high volatility market environments.
- In contrast, JonesTrading sales traders take on the role of liquidity experts. They have their eyes and ears on the pulse of the markets at all times, and use these insights to actively source liquidity to achieve best execution for our clients.
Execution of outsized orders with minimal market impact
- JonesTrading allows our clients to move large positions while seeking reduced market impact.
- JonesTrading taps into sources of liquidity not visible on any other platform. Electronic crossing networks are by their very nature passive—only able to match up existing orders in the system.
- A trade occurs only when buyer and seller arrive at the same stock, in roughly the same size, at precisely the same time. At JonesTrading, we actively dig out the other side, sourcing liquidity in a safe, trusted environment.
- With a single point of contact assigned to each client order, JonesTrading offers a superior level of trade management and personal care.
- This customized trading provides the ability to regulate the speed of execution to exactly match client directives.
- Even when the overall market environment is relatively calm, the combined impact of instantaneous news, program trading and the need to immediately capture arbitrage opportunities can work to create enormous volatility surround.